Fee band from £ 2000 - 4000
To book Chris, please
call us on +44 (0)845 257 0807
or e-mail to:
Chris Hughes comes from a classic sales and marketing background having held senior and board positions with companies such as Mars and Pillsbury UK. Subsequent to this he set up and ran Prince Sportsgroup UK. It is said of Chris, that if you cut him in half, you would find the word ‘’Brand’ running through him.
After sale to Benetton, Chris has spent his time as a management consultant with a bias towards marketing and brand positioning, both in domestic and global markets, and in interim management posts with companies such as Dunlop Slazenger.
His experiences range across large budgets brands to start ups; from blue chip corporations to SME’s; from consumer goods, via business to business, to service marketing. In all of these, he maintains, the same marketing and branding principles and disciplines apply.
Areas of Expertise
“The 10 Commandments of Marketing” covers the core principles of marketing; the 10 guiding principles of marketing as they should be applied to running any business. The Commandments of, amongst others:
• brand as ‘customer proposition’
• comprehension and ‘buy in’ throughout the whole organisation
• emotional communication prevailing over rational argument
Peter Drucker once wrote ‘a business has but two responsibilities; to innovate and to market. These produce results, all the rest is just costs.’ How many of us just produce and promote?
Specifically, in a highly interactive format, the module looks, through a great deal of group discussion, argument and exercises - designed to provide high levels of ‘take home value’ to:
• Debate and agree upon a definition of marketing that works, both conceptually and pragmatically for members in their day-to-day business.
• Agree The Top Ten Marketing Commandments for the group.
• Take back to their businesses their own bespoke list of The 10 Commandments of Marketing and actions plans associated with each one.