Fee band from £ 2000 - 4000
Jeff Grout was, until 2000, UK Managing Director of Robert Half International, the largest specialist recruitment consultancy in the world.
A graduate of the London School of Economics, he joined Robert Half International as a Recruiter at the age of 28, after an eclectic career as a van driver, passport office administrator, cleaner, world traveller and local government town planner.
He remained with Robert Half International for almost 21 years and built up the UK operation from two offices and 12 staff into a business with a domestic turnover of £65 million, 18 offices and over 350 staff.
His accumulated expertise in all aspects of recruitment means that he is often in demand as a commentator, columnist and speaker. He has appeared on television and has participated in numerous radio programmes. Jeff collaborated with the BBC in producing an interview training video and has run seminars for a number of leading companies, including Marks & Spencer, Lloyds Bank, British Airways, Merrill Lynch, Guinness and Lever Brothers.
He is co-author of the book The Adventure Capitalists, which is based on public interviews with 12 leading entrepreneurs and aims to offer an insight into the ingredients of business success. The sequel entitled My Brilliant Career features the subjects of subsequent public interviews with high achievers from the fields of business, sport and the media. He has written the complete insider's guide to the job market entitled Kickstart your Career and a book on the strategies and tactics for successful recruitment entitled Recruiting Excellence. He has recently completed the research for his latest book on peak performance entitled Mind Games: The Making of Champions which is to be published in June of this year.
Areas of Expertise
Jeff is now an independent business consultant focussing on people management, team building, peak performance, recruitment and retention issues. He holds a number of corporate advisory and executive coaching appointments and also runs various management training workshops on effective selection and client relationship marketing. Jeff also acts as Business Manager for the England Rugby Coach, Sir Clive Woodward.
Jeff has spoken to audiences in the UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, Czech Republic, Denmark, Portugal and the Netherlands.
His keynote speeches include:
Building High Performance Teams
The Characteristics of Success
The Adventure Capitalists
Creating the Right Work/Lifestyle Balance
Making the Selection Interview More Effective
The Changing Workplace
Building the Recruitment - Retention Bridge
The Making of Champions
THE MAN WHO HAS INTERVIEWED MICHAEL PARKINSON AND MANY MORE
Jeff Grout has conducted public interviews with a group of people who know first hand, and often spectacularly, about being successful. Their frank, informative and amusing insights into the mechanics of success have informed Jeff's thinking and provide rich material for his presentations.
• Sir Terence Conran, Designer, Retailer & Restaurateur
• Anita Roddick, Body Shop Founder
• Greg Dyke, Director General of BBC
• David Lloyd, Former Tennis Professional & Entrepreneur of the Year
• Prue Leith, Writer, Broadcaster, Restaurateur & Cook
• Jack Rowell, Former Manager, England Rugby Team
• Lord Sheppard, Ex-Chairman of Grand Metropolitan
• Ron Dennis, Managing Director of McLaren Motor Racing Team
• Peter De Savary, Entrepreneur
• Karren Brady, Managing Director of Birmingham City Football Club
• Chris Wright, Chairman of Chrysalis Group, Media Company
• Tony Robinson, Actor ('Baldrick' from Black Adder )
• Rick Parry, Chairman of Liverpool Football Club
• Harvey Goldsmith, Music Promoter
• Ken Bates, Chairman of Chelsea Football Club
• Sir Chay Blyth, Yachtsman, Adventurer & Businessman
• Lord Archer, former Conservative Politician and Author
• Michael Parkinson, Chatshow Host and Journalist
• Michael Winner, Film Director & Restaurant Critic
• Nicola Horlick, City Fund Manager
• Tony Bullimore, Champion Yachtsman
• Raymond Blanc, Chef, Writer and Broadcaster
• Roger Black, Olympic Athlete and Television Presenter
• Gareth Southgate , England & Middlesborough Footballer
• Barry Hearn, Sports Promoter
• Sebastian Coe, former Olympic Athlete and Politician
• David Platt, former England Footballer and England Under-21 Manager
• Jack Charlton, former Eire Football Manager/ England World Cup Winner
• Michael Lynagh, Former Australian Rugby Captain
• Michael Grade, TV Mogul and former Chief Executive of Channel 4
• Sir Clive Woodward OBE, England Rugby Coach
• Adam Crozier, Chief Executive of The Football Association
• Kate Adie, Television Journalist
• Gordan Ramsay, 3 Michelin Star Chef
• Mo Mowlam, former Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
• Richard Dunwoody MBE, Champion Jump Jockey
• Sir Steve Redgrave, Five times Olympic Champion
• Tracy Edwards MBE, Round-the-World Yachtswoman
• Murray Walker OBE, TV Motor sports commentator
"I really was impressed - a very thought-provoking and challenging presentation. Within a couple of hours of returning to my desk I'd already used a couple of Jeff's ideas."
Arthur Tanner, HR Director, Random House Group
"Jeff's talk hit the spot and benefited from the preparation done understanding our business and current issues".
Rory Mitchell, Finance Director, Balfour Beatty Rail Projects