Fee band from £ 4000 - 7000
To book Russell, please
call us on +44 (0)845 257 0807
or e-mail to:
Russell Amerasekera was the host of primetime series for BBC 1 called Perfect Holiday and regular appearances on BBC1’s Holiday programme. Previously travel reporter and expert on ITV 1’s Wish You Were Here? and presented Holiday Maker for Channel 4. Recently filmed a new entertainment series for SKY ONE which aired in Autumn called Celebrity Road Raj. He was also The Daily Mail’s travel consumer champion/columnist and still makes regular contributions.
THOMSON TRAVEL GROUP PLC
Group Corporate Communications Director (Jan 98 to Oct 2000)
• Responsible for all City Public Relations and Group Internal Communications. Reporting to the Group Chief Executive.
• Formulating City Public Relations and Group Internal Communications strategies.
• Functional leadership of around 30 public relations and internal communications staff across the major Thomson Travel Group brands.
• Management of City Public Relations consultancy.
• Played the lead public relations role in the £1.7 billion flotation of the Group in April 1998.
• Played the lead public relations role in the £1.8 billion sale of the Group to Preussag AG of Germany, the market leader in European tour operating. The sale price represented an 89% premium to the share price on the day Thomson Travel Group received an initial approach from Preussag’s major German competitor, C&N Touristic.
THOMSON HOLIDAYS LTD
Communications Director (July 96 – January 98)
AIRTOURS GROUP PLC
Communications Director – Going Places (Retail arm of Airtours Group Plc- October 95 – July 96)
THOMAS COOK GROUP
Head of Communications (October 91 – October 95)
Russell has a wealth of business and commercial experience. He regularly mentors top business executives including well known ‘blue chip’ companies in communication skills. He also runs his own presentation coaching business and is a partner in a creative events/business tv and video company.
Russell has an Honours Degree in Politics from the University of Essex and his personal passions include Astanga yoga and Arsenal Football Club.