Fee band from £ 2000 - 4000
To book Sally, please
call us on +44 (0)845 257 0807
or e-mail to:
Sally Clubley works as an oil price consultant specialising in price risk management.
Sally is the managing partner of a consultancy company specialising in price risk management in the energy industries. She is the author of “Trading in Oil Futures and Options” and has contributed to various books and journals in the energy and derivatives fields. Previously she managed the oil futures and options desk at ED & F. Man International, a major London broker. She has also worked as a journalist in the chemical industry.
Her Consultancy work has included:
• Design, direction and presentation of numerous worldwide public and in-house training courses.
• Topics covered by these courses include trading on the international oil, gas and electricity markets; the theory and practice of exchange-traded and over-the-counter derivative instruments in oil, gas and electricity; how to use them in practical applications and fit them into a physical trading book; how to measure and analyse risk and to monitor risk management in practice; how to determine company attitude to risk and determine and implement a risk management strategy.
• These courses have been presented in numerous places including Europe, Singapore, South Africa, Australia, India and the US.
• Preparation of a procedures and policies manual for the trading and risk management activities of a major European energy trader
• Consultancy on setting up new trading office with associated trading procedures and policies manual for oil producer moving into new areas
• Preparation of a report on the current state of oil futures trading worldwide for an academic institute in Asia
• Evaluation of the trading activity of an African state-owned oil company and assessing its processes, procedures and risk management, including benchmarking their activities against industry best practice
• Expert witness work on trading and risk management issues
• Acting as a sub-contractor to a major international consultancy on a trading and risk management project in South America
• Review of the trading activity of an oil refiner and preparation of a programme for increasing their hedging activity
• Preparation of various marketing and presentation materials for Exchanges on risk management instruments and techniques
• Participation in various other courses as a visiting lecturer and regular speaking at conferences and other discussion forums on risk management issues
• Author of “Trading in Oil Futures and Options”, third edition published in 1998 and widely used within the industry
• Contributor to various other publications including chapters in Woodhead Publishing’s industry standards Oil Trading Manual and Gas Trading Manual