Enhancing Facilitation Skills
Led by: David Powell
To book this workshop, please
call us on +44 (0)845 257 0807
or e-mail to:
Who should attend:
Any manager or leader who needs to improve or hone their facilitation skills and run highly effective strategic meetings.
2 day course
Minimum 4, maximum 8 recommended.
Managers and leaders need the skills to run and facilitate effective strategic planning and problem solving meetings. Facilitation skills are tricky because people are complex.
This program provides a uniquely powerful and practical set of tools and approaches for developing and enhancing meeting facilitation skills.
Topics / Content:
• Define the success outcomes – clarifying the current state, the desired outcome and the possible blocks to a successful strategic meeting
• 4 Mat – your facilitation anchor – why / what / how / future benefits
• Preparation and design – use a story board to plan for success
• Resources and logistics – how to set up the room and logistical support for optimal results
• Know myself – keys to personal mastery in developing outstanding facilitation skills
• Know my audience – keys to optimising meeting attendee participation
• Peak state – command attention
• Gain control – gaining and staying in control
• Achieve rapport – building the crucial communication bridges
• Maximise engagement – maximizing attendee participation and contribution
• Achieving agreement – and preventing the agreeing to disagree exit
• Facilitation traps – handling common facilitation traps
• Closing the session – how to ensure participants leave the meeting with action oriented motivation and enthusiasm
• Debrief the session – honing success outcomes and facilitation skills
On completion of this two day facilitation skills enhancement program, participants will be equipped with a comprehensive set of tools and approaches to plan, run and facilitate effective strategic planning and problem solving meetings.
Total course fee is £5000 + Vat.
David Powell is an author and the managing director of an international consultancy specialising in leadership and management skills enhancement.
He gained a first class honours degree in chemical engineering from Edinburgh University in Scotland and has undertaken postgraduate studies in psychology at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia.
His corporate career spanned 14 years in oil & gas with BP, Amoco and AGL and 10 years in information technology with ICL and Tandem where he held general management roles.
Since 1993, he has worked across five continents with more than 130 clients including Arab Bank, AT&T, Cable and Wireless, Electrolux, Ericsson, Ernst & Young, Frank Russell, Fujitsu, Glaxo Smith Klein, IBM, Intel, Jim Beam, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Sharpe and Dome, NCR, Nortel, Placer Dome, QBE, Rothschild, Thomas Cook, Towers Perrin, World Vision